Emergency Travel Documents

In view of the growing requests for Emergency Travel Documents (Laissez-passer) from this High Commission, Cameroonians in the United Kingdom and the Scandinavian countries are hereby reminded of international regulations governing the issuance of travel documents.

The Emergency Travel Document or “Laissez-Passer” is an emergency passport to enable travellers who have lost their passports to return to their home countries. It is also issued to people without any valid resident permit who want to return home for good.

It should not be used to escape the vigilance of immigration authorities after overstaying in the country one wishes to travel from. Residents cannot apply for a Travel Document except in exceptional circumstances to be appreciated on a case by case basis by the High Commission.

The High Commission is reviewing its procedures with regards to Travel Documents and will no longer automatically issue them to people who claim that their passports have expired and who just want to go home for some reasons.

Cameroonians are exhorted to keep track of the validity of their passports as they do for their visas and renew them in time to avoid disappointments at the High Commission.

Required documents
  • Travel certificate application form
  • A one way air-travel ticket, e-ticket or e-booking. You can also present a signed letter from the carrier or travel agent, on their letterhead, with the itinerary, name(s) of the passenger(s), flight number, name of the company and dates of arrival in and departure from Cameroon. If you are an airline employee, you must present a copy of your airline I.D. card and a letter from the airline, on its letterhead, with the itinerary.
  • Fee. Cash payments only. For current amounts payable, see Consular Fees
  • Two recent photographs, passport size, in color or black and white. Photocopies, instant photos from vending machines, snapshots - and scanned photos are not accepted.
  • Proof of legal residency such as a passport, National Identity card, consular card
  • Wherever applicable, a vaccination certificate. In case you have to take a yellow fever vaccine, note that, the Yellow Fever shot must always occur at least 10 days before the applicant travels to Cameroon.
  • A Legalised attestation of loss or invalidity of your Cameroonian passport.


2009 - 2015  Cameroon High Commission United Kingdom |  Designed by MS IT Solutions